Yeti to Work is a recruiting company established in 2017 with the goal to work with businesses to help drive the success of their company by providing them with hardworking candidates who are motivated and driven. Our team provides quality recruiting services along with employee screening to help find the best candidates for the job.
Our client is an electrical contracting firm serving residential, commercial, industrial and institutional customers with new construction and maintenance requirements in the Rochester area and Western New York since 1981.
Our client is looking for an Electrician at our Brockport, NY location. This is a full-time position, reporting to an Electrical Foreman. This role is responsible for electrical installation, troubleshooting and maintenance within complex commercial and industrial settings and teaching and mentoring apprentices. Electricians generally work a schedule of 7:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday – Friday. Schedules vary based on customer demand and may include overtime, early starts, nights, weekends and holidays.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Installs, maintains, and/or troubleshoots basic electrical systems in compliance with the National Electric Code (NEC)
- Performs installation according to planned layout of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes
- Installs conduit systems, various lighting systems, basic control systems, motor feeders and makes standard motor connections
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeter to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Cleans and maintains job site, tools, and vehicles
- Consistently follows workplace safety procedures and participates in toolbox talks, safety audits, and related safety functions
- Immediately identifies, corrects, and/or reports any unsafe acts, conditions, or incidents in a timely manner
- Works as a member of a cohesive team, helps coach and mentor less experience staff
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Minimum Qualification Standards:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Preferred Safety Training: OSHA 10 or 30 hour, NFPA 70E, Lockout/Tagout.
- 2-5 years of commercial electrical work experience
- Preferred candidate possesses state accredited Journeyperson’s license
- Must be familiar with and follow current National Electric Code (NEC) for all areas of operation
- Reliable transportation and a valid NYS drivers’ license free from major infractions required.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to work overtime, early starts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to commute up to two hours from home.
- Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary facilities (Porta-Johns).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees, both internally and with all external customers.
- Assessment/evaluation skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to read and understand basic blueprints.
- Knowledge of all OSHA, GE, and customer safety requirements and company policies.
- Ability to recognize safety hazards and perform such work in a manner that minimizes or eliminates those hazards.
- Ability to use appropriate tools and diagnostic equipment to repair, install, replace, and test electrical circuits and equipment.
- Ensure all maintenance and repair work is performed accurately and efficiently to prevent injury to staff and damage to equipment.
- Must have knowledge of basic math and reading skills.
Equipment, Machines And Software Used:
Ability to set up and operate electrical equipment and tools, hydraulic benders, power threaders, power pullers and cable vacuum systems.
Safety Equipment: Ability to wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses at all times), and respirator when required.
- Close mental and visual attention required for controlling machines or processes at a rapid pace requiring close coordination and fine adjustment. And/or planning or directing fairly complex work methods or operations that obtain size, shape, or physical qualities of product.
Physical Requirements: Job is physically demanding
- Ability to climb ladders and steep stairs, sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, grasp, handle or feel, push, pull, reach, crawl, crouch, kneel, bend or stoop, and perform repetitive motions of the hands, arms, and/or fingers.
- Ability to work from all type ladders (step ladders up to 14', "A" frame ladders and all size extension ladders) and carry and relocate up to 12' step ladder by oneself.
- Employee's personal weight and personal tools cannot exceed weight limit of ladder (Class 1-250 lbs., Class 1A-300 lbs.)
- Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain, snow. The worker is regularly exposed to occupational hazards which require special precautions and occasional exposure to serious injury and subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions such as, electrical current, noise, fumes, dust, moving parts and equipment, and exposure to outdoor weather elements.
- Skilled Labor
- Rochester, NY
Loading application form
Already working at Yeti to Work?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.