Our client is a property management firm focussed on business offices based in Rochester, NY. They have been in business for almost 50 years and continue to grow!
We are currently looking for a Building Manager Assistant to service the tenants and ensure the excellent customer service that has always existed, continues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Police exterior walkways and garage for debris.
- Maintain sidewalks, all entrances and exits, including parking ramps and garage – keep free of snow and ice.
- Complete thorough walk-through and check of lighting in all areas.
- Replace any lamps and/or bulbs that are out.
- Perform set ups and breakdowns of rooms/offices/areas.
- Hang pictures and decorations.
- Pull in entrance ramp at shipping entrance door daily.
- Perform monthly emergency and exit light testing.
- Assist with internal office moves.
- Remove any and all graffiti on exterior of building and interior.
- Respond immediately to spills and plumbing issues.
- Perform minor plumbing repairs, such as replacing handles and diaphragms.
- Clean all ground level windows – interior and exterior quarterly.
- Clean all entry door glass and frames daily.
- Clean up oil and gas spills as needed in garage.
- Sweep parking ramps and garage monthly.
- Power wash parking garage semi-annually.
- Spray and buff finished floors as needed.
- Perform carpet extractions and shampoos as needed.
- Clean out elevator tracks and thresholds weekly.
- Check and replace batteries in hand towel dispensers as needed.
- Assist with painting as per contract defined square footage.
- Work with housekeeping team from 5pm -8:30 pm to make sure building is clean and paper products are replenished.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Lift at least 50 lbs.
- Moving furniture from one office to another is common.
- Delivering boxes of copy paper is part of the daily routine.
- Previous janitorial experience is helpful.
- Be able to pass a background check