Our client has a strong history of providing facility solutions for property, facility, and energy management. They use teamwork, technology and customer focus to get more performance out of your physical assets than otherwise possible!
We are currently looking for an experienced Facility Maintenance Technician to care for a couple of facilities in the Rochester, NY area.
- Foster an atmosphere of teamwork among building staff, school staff, and contractors to meet requirements and respond to requests in a courteous, timely, and highly effective manner
- Oversee the repair, maintenance, and continuous operation of all building systems
including: fire/life safety, Mechanical (HVAC, plumbing), Electrical (lighting control
equipment, UPS, generator, primary switchgear), light construction (painting, doors, locks),
digital systems (fire alarm, card access, CCTV security access systems), Elevator control,
Building Maintenance System (BMS), etc.
- Coordinate all demand maintenance, preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance
- Perform facility inspections on a daily, weekly and monthly basis with a high attention to
- Respond to and coordinate all emergency call activities as necessary
- Ensure proper contractors are hired to maintain building exterior and grounds
- Respond to school staff requests regarding building operations; prioritize and reprioritize
schedules; and assign, plan, and monitor the work
- Assist in the oversight of custodial and overnight cleaning staff where appropriate
- Must have valid driver's license
- Must have previous facilities maintenance experience
- Must have some experience with HVAC, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, painting, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with OSHA and other Life Safety codes, etc.