Safely and efficiently operate machinery, while maintaining product quality and following regulatory and company guidelines for sanitation and safety.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
In addition to operation, duties may include machine set-up, change overs, and troubleshooting.
· Observe machine operation to detect product (raw or finished) defects or machine malfunctions, adjusting machines as necessary
· Maintain GMP (good manufacturing processes)
· Perform SOP’s for machinery in assigned area
· Maintain very good punctuality and attendance (strong dependability)
· Report safety & quality problems to supervisor
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· Required Education: High School Diploma or GED
· Proficient in operating production machines or 2-4 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment (including operation, set-ups, change overs and troubleshooting of multiple machines)
· Ability to apply basic computer, communication, math, and reasoning skills
· Ability to use various hand tools (knife, water hose, band cutters, scales, etc.)
· Previous experience operating a forklift (for applicable work areas)
· Experience with Lock out/tag out procedure – certification preferred
· Possess a continuous improvement and team orientated mind set
· May be required to wear PPEs - (bump cap, hair net, ear plugs, beard net (if applicable), Kevlar gloves, safety glasses and leather, skid resistant work shoes/boots
· May have exposure to extreme loud noises
· May be required to work in high places and near moving mechanical parts
· May be required to stand for long periods and/or moving by foot
· May have exposure to extreme hot/cold environments
· May require frequent lifting/carrying <50 pounds; Occasional lifting >50 pounds
· May require frequent reaching/pulling/bending/stooping/kneeling/bending/stairs, etc.
· May have potential exposure to chemicals